Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 2007 toyota camry and my check engine light and oil

Customer Question

I have a 2007 toyota camry and my check engine light and oil light stay on when I remove the key I checked the fuses under my dash and the 15 amp ignition fuse has a dim stream of current going through it if I remove it all lights turn off but car won't start
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you seam to have some voltage feed back with the key off can you connect a scan tool to the DLC and scan the computer system and see if there are any fault code setting with the key on. Post back with the results and I will see if I can help you with this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that anodized nothing comes back other than the bank one oxygen sensor
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

A bad HO2S should not cause this type of feed back. I think the next thing I would try is to unplug the ignition switch and see if the lights then go off.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also did that as well removed all the connectors on the ignition switch and the lights stayed on only when I remove the fuse isth at the lights turn off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also would like to add that sometimes I can hear a buzzing noise coming from the front fuse box under the hoodirection kind of like static
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay then is going to be a matter of tracing the circuit from the fuse to see what is bleeding over into it. Take a look at the wiring diagram for the ignition fuse and go back and unplug each component one at a time including any relays. See the circuit in the link below.