Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I am working on 96 Toyota Corolla.

Customer Question

Hey my name is ***** ***** I am working on 96 Toyota Corolla.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Do you happen to have a volt-ohm meter, or, if not, a long piece of insulated wire (about 18" long)?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help I figured it out.It was the back up lights.I thought they were out You have to be in reverse for them to come on..That is why no power on the volt meter. I thought there were also bad along with brake lights. I just replaced the brake bulbs and learned that my back up light will not turn on unless they are in reverse (rookie mistake)

No worries. Glad you have it all sorted out. Rookie mistakes are not that bad. It is how one learns....We all have done the same thing at one time or another. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.