Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have codes C1201 and P0042 coming up any nts?

Customer Question

Hi, I have codes C1201 and P0042 coming up any hints?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello./ Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P0042 is indeed an oxygen sensor, the "heater' portion of the Oxygen sensor.

The C1201 may be coming up because of an internal short on the oxygen sensor(s). If this vehicle was in my shop, I would be replacing the sensor (or sensors) that are located After the catalytic converter with brand new Genuine replacement parts. Do not use non-Toyota/Lexus parts as these can cause additional failure codes due to poor quality and workmanship in the non-factory parts.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.