Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 4runner that has an

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 4runner that has an acceleration lag after I brake. Just replaced the spark plugs and cleaned the maf and nothing changed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ya I'll try. Basically when you press on the brakes haRd or come to a stop quickly and then try to accelerate the 4runner hestitates/ engine is revved and it kinda peels out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. What other repairs have you tried or performed when trying to fix this?

Are there any warning lights on or codes stored?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No lights on the dash or anything and I've only tried the 2 things mentioned previously

Ok great. These brake calipers have a bad tendency to stick closed. This is the reason I ask and have seen this exact situation several times. Have you checked your brake (brake pads) lately?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I bought this vehicle about a month ago and they said they replaced the front brakes

Ok, you will want to check as these are very common problems. I should have stated earlier that its the (front) brake caliper 4 piston style that stick. Replacing the calipers should fix this concern.

Please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars) and know that I strive to give excellent Service!