Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I'm hooking up a new radio on a 1999 camry and am getting no

Customer Question

I'm hooking up a new radio on a 1999 camry and am getting no sound fm the radio
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I hooked up the whole new radio and wired it up with the metra connector and am alms positive I have the corresponding wires attached correctly. The new radio turns on but I cant get sound from the speakers. I don't know if there is an amp in the 99 camry that I have to bypass
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking over all of the wiring and doing research on possible issues
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This vehicle may have a separate amplifier. If it does, it would be located at the far right of the dashboard (underneath), to the right of the fuel injection computer. If the car has a separate amplifier, your are going to need to run your wires from your new radio past the amplifier to the speaker harness.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.