Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Check hybrid system is on my 2010 prius. The 12v battery is

Customer Question

Check hybrid system is on my 2010 prius. The 12v battery is 6 years old, and has issues. I have jumped it a bunch of times, and it starts, but today the check hybrid system is showing, and the car starts to turn on fine, but won't turn over, all the warning lights are showing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car has 180, 000 miles, and I can't jump it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a simple code reader to see if there any malfunction code that would be set in the engine control computer or can you rent or borrow one from your local parts store?