Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

1986 toyota pickup rear hazard lights only work when brake

Customer Question

1986 toyota pickup rear hazard lights only work when brake light activated
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the truck has after market tail lights and a single 5 wire to 4 wire converter.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the ground wire connections to the rear lights and make sure the ground is clean and tight.A loose,corroded or damaged ground wire for the tail and brake lights will cause this fault here.If this is checked and found o.k. make sure the converter is o.k. and doesnt need replaced and that it is the correct converter for your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i will check the ground connections right now an see if the works
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete