Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2007 Tundra with 5.7 liter engine. Starts great in the

Customer Question

2007 Tundra with 5.7 liter engine.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Starts great in the morning after being plugged in and -20 deg C overnight. Drive 150 km. Turn the truck off for a short period of time then truck cranks but will not start. Walk away for 15 minutes and then truck starts. I started using fuel anti ice additive religiously every day. I burn approx. 60 to 80 liters daily. Problem is now 2-3 times per month.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping to not waste thousands at a dealer while they try different fixes. Very frustrating that this is an intermittent problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: It's grey.
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked by having a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers this needs done.If any codes are set the codes will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This sounds like a possible fault with the crank sensor that most engines use.It fails to send an engine rpm signal intermittently and will cause this fault needing replaced.In some cases it will not set a code making it difficult to diagnose but I have had to replace this sensor on several models in the past before for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete