Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 the shifter is hard to come

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 the shifter is hard to come out of park. the shift release button also does not work. could there be a fuse blown I don't know about
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

This will not be a fuse. Its more than likely a worn out shift interlock that is not fully releasing on the shifter assembly. Is taking the shifter and center console apart something you can handle with help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris