Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My car is always wet on the inside - it leaks and is growing

Customer Question

My car is always wet on the inside - it leaks and is growing mold
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It rains a lot here and the inside of the windows have a lot of condensation. When it is really cold, sometimes there is ice on the inside of windshield. I can hear water sloshing as I pull out of driveway. Water drips from the ceiling once in a while but I can't tell where it is coming from. I do have a sunroof. The floor under the driver's side is soaking wet!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put a towel in the sun roof to absorb water
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: I had the windshield replaced last summer
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The number one cause of water entry, leaking and mold, in vehicles with sunroofs, is clogged sunroof water drains. Would you like to test this out? it is very easy.