Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a 6006 toyota rav4 3.5 with no power to the fuel pump

Customer Question

i have a 6006 toyota rav4 3.5 with no power to the fuel pump relay with or without the key on or off i need to know where the power comes from
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i have a shop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have looked at wire diagrams on my alldata and cant find where it comes from
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: when the car came into the shop they told me they lost power steering and the radio went on ond off a few times and the batt light came on
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you, the "CIRCUIT OPENING RELAY" ("CO") is what powers up the fuel pump when the CO relay is energized. The CO relay coil is powered up by the 7.5 amp IGN fuse, and the contact side gets power supplied by the ECU. When the ECU detects engine revolution, it applies a ground to the coil side of the relay, causing the contacts of the CO relay to close. This sends power to the FUEL PUMP relay, which then sends power to the fuel pump.