Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 TOCOMA HAS NO RUNNING LIGHTS. WIRE DOES NOT HAVE 12V ON

Customer Question

2003 TOCOMA HAS NO RUNNING LIGHTS. GREEN WIRE DOES NOT HAVE 12V ON IT ALL FUSES CHECK GOOD
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Chip munks chewed part of the wiring harness into . I color match everything and soldered them back together. Everything else works but no running lights
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked every fuse inside and under hood.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Yes it only has 26000 original miles. Its a beaut
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Let's start with some power tests. You say you have no power in the Green wire. Ok. That is power to the lamps. Let's check to see if we have power in the 10 amp TAIL fuse socket. This will be the 6th one down from the top on the far left column of fuses in the fuse panel in the engine compartment. Pull the fuse and see if there is power on either side of the fuse socket. Thanks

This would be with the running lights turned on.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok will check. and get back shortly

ok

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no power

No power on either side of the fuse? With the fuse removed and the lights turned on? (I have to ask cause I ma not there to see; sorry)

Please remove the taillight relay, and check for power in the relay sockets. You should have power in 2 sockets. Same fuse panel