Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

07 corolla and it won't start. I am trying to find the fuel

Customer Question

07 corolla and it won't start. I am trying to find the fuel pump relay but i have no idea which one it is, can you help?
thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 months ago.

Can you give me a little more history of what exactly is going on? Do you have a code reader to see if there any codes set in the engine control computer? Does the engine crank over and just not fire up? Have you checked for spark? Did you check for compression?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

car won't start. its trying to crank on but it won't like its a fuel problem.

Any codes set in the computer? Did you check the actual fuel pressure? Any previous service history leading up to this current problem? Are you a shop or private owner?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

there is no port to check fuel pressure so i figured i would check relays first then check the pump in the tank

You can crack the line loose at the fuel rail to see if it is pushing any volume into a container. It's not likely a relay but if you would like the location I will find that for you. The relay only works when the key is in the crank position. When the key is simply in the on position and the engine not running the fuel pump does not run. If you listen carefully by removing the lower seat cushion to the top the fuel pump bracket have someone put their ear nearby the pump while you're cranking the engine over you should be able to tell if the pump is running or coming on if it is this is not a circuit opening relay issue. Let me know what you find with those test. Did you check for codes with a code reader yet?