Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a 2000 4runner 2 wd. The ABS light came on after I

Customer Question

I have a 2000 4runner 2 wd. The ABS light came on after I parked this afternoon. I checked the things listed in the other discussion and all the fuse are good. Th will not come out of park.e windows will not move and the shifter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a blown fuse on turn signals is why I pulled in shop. Put a 10 amp fuse in and turn signals work. All lights work, radio, ac dome light brake lights etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause for a shifter to be stuck in park AND the ABS light is on is a blown "Stop" fuse. This fuse is under the dash on the driver side. Bottom row, farthest on the right. Please pull this fuse and check to see if it is blown.

The Stop fuse sends power to shift lock solenoid thru the brake light switch. The shift lock solenoid retracted when the brake pedal is pressed. If the Stop fuse is good, you have brake lights, and the shifter is still stuck in park, the brake light switch (the side that powers the shift-lock solenoid) may be bad, or, the shift lock solenoid itself may be faulty.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I checked the fuse and it is not blown. Why is the ABS light on and speedometer or power windows do not work?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can mash the bypass switch on shifter and drive but the other issues are still there. ABS light, power windows do not work or speedodemeter
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

ABS light and the speedometer are most likely due to a failed transmission speed sensor. The Windows are most likely a blown power fuse. This is a much larger fuse than the smaller colored ones.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the fuse for power windows and why did it happen all at one time? I replaced the power 30 in fuse panel in car. It was not blown. I did not see a fuse that said power windows.Where is the tran. speed sensor?

The transmission speed sensor is on top of the transmission. If the power fuse is good you may have a broken wire between the door and the power window master control switch assembly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does the power fuse feed the power windows ?

Yes. The 30 amp Power (and the 10 amp ECU0-IG) fuses power the windows. If the Power and ECI-IG fuses are good, check for power in the window master switch solid Blue wire. You should have power there with the key on.