Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

No power to key switch no lights at all

Customer Question

No power to key switch no lights at all
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

What year make and model car do you have and what exactly is going on? Can you give me some history on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2000 Toyota Camry v6 nont ha e Amy history

Is the battery is fully charged and have you tried a jump start? Do you have a voltmeter in a reasonable knowledge of how to use it or a simple 12 V test light to check a few things?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just tell me what to check

Before we get to that point I need more information? It's not quite that simple. Is the battery fully charged? Was this thing jumped backwards or was a battery installed backwards even for a split second?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Batty was jumped backwards I just installed new bat no power anywhere

What you're going to find is the large 100 amp ALT fuse is blown. This fuse is in the little tiny fuse box by the radiator and the driver-side headlight. Pop the clear plastic lid off of that square box type fuse and if there is a gap in that fuse push the pieces together and see if everything lights up if it is you have to replace it. It is not a pull out fuse it is bolted to the bus bar inside that box the box has to be disassembled to remove it. Let me know how this goes.