Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Alarm on dashboard won't shut off and the brakes barely

Customer Question

Alarm on dashboard won't shut off and the brakes barely work
JA: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All the symbols on the dashboard are on and when I go to brake I have to go all the way down to the floorboard
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

What year make and model vehicle do you have? Did you have any recent service work done on the brakes? Do you know what the malfunction code numbers are that would be set in the ABS or vehicles skid control computer? Do know how to retrieve those? Is the yellow check engine light on also?