Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  I have been/am a Toyota technician for 15yrs+.
75929629

Pete, ***** ***** here... I have a brand new Rav4 hybrid.

Customer Question

Hi Pete, ***** ***** here... I have a brand new Rav4 hybrid. Back hatch will not open/close. It is a power lift.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Went out this morning and noticed Hatch was 1/2 way down. pushed the button, motor sounded like it was working but wouldn't go down. Had to push is down, and it latched, when I tried to open it again, it would unlatch, but would not open.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.

How many miles on the rav?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4000

Ok, this is a very common problem with the new rav4s You will need to take it in to the dealer and have both actuators replaced. This is completely covered under your 3 year 36,000 mile warranty

If there is anything else I can I can help with let me know otherwise please rate my service as that is the only way I get paid.