Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I will be installing a new integration relay in my 2001

Customer Question

I will be installing a new integration relay in my 2001 Avalon. I took apart enough to see the current box, but how to actually remove it isn't absolutely clear...and what exactly needs to come out first is not clear either. I manual says I need to remove the steering wheel, but I don't think that's correct--I found I had pretty good access by just removing the panel below the steering wheel. Are there any tricks to removing the integration relay?
Thanks.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Removal of the steering wheel is unnecessary. Removal of the fuse panel is what you need to do. Pull the lower dash trim panel off, remove the air duct, remove all of the wire connectors, then remove the 10 mm bolts and pull the fuse panel out. The relay is on the back of the fuse panel.