Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My head unit, my clock and my Bluetooth stoped working on my

Customer Question

my head unit, my clock and my Bluetooth stoped working on my 2012 Toyota Camry hybrid.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the head unit will not turn on at all but the heat and stuff lights up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything else in the vehicle that does not work for example any of the accessory plugs or cigarette lighter plugs? Is there anything on the display that turns on for the radio/control panel? Do you have a simple 12 V test light or voltmeter to check a few things?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My clock is not working and my hands free is not working and where I plyg in my sub on the bottom does not work either

standby I need to look at the wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay thank you

the first thing you need you to do is check the following fuses either check them with a voltmeter by back probing carefully the small dimples of the fuse and it should have 12 V on both sides of it doesn't than the fuses blown. Or use a small pair of needle nose or the fuse puller and pull the fuse out and inspected to see if it's blown. The first one is a 20 amp radio-B fuse is located in the fuse block under the hood. The next two fuses are located in the fuse box under the left side of the instrument panel. The first one is a 7.5 amp ECU – ACC fuse and the second one is a 10 amp ECU – IG1 NO.2 fuse.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We checked all the fuses on both sides and they are not blown

did you check to see if they have 12 V to them?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I do that?

You will need a volt meter or 12v test light.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

Does the dome light work?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I forgot to mention I was messing around with my stereo trying to hook up wires and I cut some wires to hook up stereo wire could it have been that

That only leaves the 7.5 A ECU-ACC fuse then it is the only thing that feeds power to the clock. Are you sure this fuse is good?Yes that could be an issue if you tapped into the wrong thing or cut the wrong wires.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All I did was cut left rear and right rear wires
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could it lock my stereo

No not likely and that would not affect the clock it is separate.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I should check that fuse again

Yes

there only two fuses that feed the clock the clock is not working it has to be the 7.5 amp dome light fuse and you said the dome light is working so that fuse can be ruled out that only leaves the 7.5 amp ECU – ACC

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't find any fuse labeled ecu-acc

This fuse is located in the fuse box on the left hand side of the instrument panel looking up underneath. Remove the cover and identify the fuse and the cover. I attached a link showing the fuse layout as the cover would show it in case your cover is missing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My fuse layout looks nothing like that at all

Are you looking at the fuse panel up under the left side of the instrument panel? This is a 2012 Camry hybrid?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
LE

Then the illustration I sent you is the fuses on the body ECU/junction block on the left side of the instrument panel. It just shows the layout of the fuses you would have to orient yourself correctly when you're looking up under the instrument panel at the fuses once the lid is popped off.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

ok