Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I could not pen my prius and used manual key. Now tried to

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I could not pen my prius and used manual key. Now tried to start car and dash board lit up but will not start car. Some icons not displaying and n ow cannot run car off
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: OK key is in ignition. Some of dashboard symbols working but the display in the middle of dash not on. Will not let me turn off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes it is Sunday and would like to use the car.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just sitting hear waiting for it to all boot up
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I have been away for 2 months and it us a 2007 model. There is plenty of petrol. The fuel gauge is displaying but does not show anything.
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 9 months ago.

hello, thanks for posting

What you have here is typically a low or discharged 12 volt auxiliary battery, the battery is located in the trunk in the right side fender well, usually when these batteries get to this stage they need to be replaced, my recommendation is to replace this battery, please use only a battery made for hybrid applications.