Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 01Toyota ace that viberates between 35and 40Mph

Customer Question

I have a 01Toyota Hiace that viberates between 35and 40Mph have changed the clutch, the gearbox, the driveshaft and the main bush on the differential also balanced all 4wheels and still got the vibration this happens in 4the gear and it's like when a vehicle is labouring
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please allow me to ask a question: If you tap the brakes a bit, does the vibration change any?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the speed drops below 35Mph or goes above 40Mph the vibration dissappears if I drive in 3rd no vibration between 35 and 40Mph

Look at the angle of the driveshaft. See if your transmission mount is collapsed. This sounds like a drive shaft inclination issue. If the shaft is tilted down at the front, even just a bit (like a collapsed trans mount), when it should be up at the proper angle, you will get vibrations as specific MPH. The issue would not be present in 3rd gear because the engine rpm vs the driveshaft rpm are different than when in 4th gear.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked the gearbox mounting its good and no wear on driveshaft carrier bearing and no wear on the rubber I have fitted different driveshaft made no difference

its not a different driveshaft issue, it is the angle of the driveshaft. A specific speed vibration, in 4th gear, after a different gearbox and different shafts, still sounds like inclination. Is the differential nosed down a bit; like weak springs?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to check the angle tomorrow and I will get back to you thanks for the help.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer