Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 96 4runner with a rostra apsr alarm I bought a

Customer Question

I have a 96 4runner with a rostra apsr alarm I bought a jdrapsbt key fob need to know how to program it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the rostra has 4 small switches in it and I don't know where or how to start programing it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to find the black box that everyone says to reset but it is not there I just got this key fob today have not tried it yet do not know where to start
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: doors will lock and unlock with ign. key
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Toyota Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Because your system is considered aftermarket Toyota dose not offer programming steps. You should be able to acquire the steps needed by contacting the supplier. I have enclose the link to them in the link below. Give them a call and they should be able to provide you with the steps.

http://www.remotesunlimited.com/blog/rostra-alarm-system-with-receiver-fcc-id-jdrapsr-and-remote-fcc-id-jdrapsbt/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is good advise thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.