Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Avalon check engine and Vsc lights are on also

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Avalon check engine and Vsc lights are on also while driving it feels as if I lose power momentarily
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a code reader to find out what the malfunction codes are set in the engine control computer and do you how to pull the codes in the ABS system using a jumper wire in the diagnostic port?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to assist you further were gooing to need more information. Can you borrow or rent a code reader from a nearby parts store or if the car runs well enough in most states except California Virginia they do free malfunction code reads for the engine control computer. We need to know what these code numbers are. Can you get a small piece of wire like speaker wire or something similar I can give you directions on how to insert the jumper wire into the proper pins to then get the ABS computers to flash the ABS light giving us the code causing the light to come on? Are these things that you will be able to do? Or are you just looking for general ideas as to what could be going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This no help. Please refund pymt