Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1991 toyota pickup, taillights, dash lights and clock not

Customer Question

1991 toyota pickup, taillights, dash lights and clock not working. fuses good and taillight relay works. all bulbs check good. wondering if integration relay could be bad.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: lost dash lights one evening then found out taillights don't work. I have checked the fuses in the kick panel and under the hood, the taillight relay works. Cannot get power to taillights or dash lights also clock does not illuminate.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope so but running out of options.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Toyota Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or simple 12 V test light with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Make sure your battery is fully charged then turn the taillights switch to the taillight position. What is the voltage when back probing the two little indentations on the 15 amp taillight fuse?