Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to know if my 2006 toyota avalon have a timing chain

Customer Question

I need to know if my 2006 toyota avalon have a timing chain or belt
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I start my car up it make this sound like a stomping on a fan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I haven't decided yet. At this point it doesn't look like I will
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Yes. I also hear a slight clicking sound coming from my tire or front end when I am making a turn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Avalon.

You Avalon has a Timing Chain that does not have a required change interval.

As for the clicking noise, have you had a repair shop look at your vehicle in a while? Like inspect the CV axle boots?