Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2004 4runner has the VSC and TRac off light on. I reset

Customer Question

My 2004 4runner has the VSC and TRac off light on . I reset all the code and everything is clear but when i move the vehicle they reappear after moving a few feet ... I did just replace the transfercase
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I broke the transferase and replaced with a used one . Since then the VSC and Trac OFF lights come on after moving a few feet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a code reader to check for codes the VSC system or do you know how to use the jumper wire method in the diagnostic port under the instrument panel to check for codes in the system? Is the check engine light also on?