john
john, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

I have an issue with my 1997 Toyota Corolla, crankshaft

Customer Question

I have an issue with my 1997 Toyota Corolla, crankshaft sensor I think is the problem. I need to find the replacement for it and don't know where to get it. Please advise. Thanks!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It will start but then slowly dies out in less than a minute
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing all the timing belts and also change the distributor but still the same issue, so I think its the sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: only that its a 1997 CE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Toyota Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  john replied 1 year ago.

1.6 or 1.8?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.6
Expert:  john replied 1 year ago.

if ya have a day or two rockauto.com is usually the cheapest they run 52 and up depending on brand

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,1997,corolla,1.6l+l4,1434201,ignition,crankshaft+position+sensor,7196