Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a no start problem i tested distributer had a bad

Customer Question

I have a no start problem i tested distributer had a bad coil in it then checked plug wiers had 2 bad wiers so I replaced plugs cap roter and wiers change igniter still no start checked ats don't have ats just have door locks relay pulse on injectors ones spark ones also then no spark and no Injector pulse any ideas
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having can be caused by any of the following,

• Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Main Relay
  • Fuse
  • Wiring

In order to determine which one has failed you are going to need t do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to do so. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injector%20Mar%207.pdf
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
On my Eli relay I have black and white a black with brown a yellow with black and a blue with yellow fuses are good.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay so are you getting power in and out of the relay?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have 11.98 volts coming in and out. But we have rain past 2 days so I'm doing this when it gives me chances.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay then are you still not getting any spark and have you ran the complete test steps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My spark and injector pulse as soon you crank the first time it spark one time and pulse one time and after nothing
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Dose you check engine light come on when you turn the key on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it comes on
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Are you sure the new igniter you installed is not defective. Try running the test below to at least double check it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igniter%20Test%20Mar%209.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's what I thought this is the second one because it was doing the same thing with the first one
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Well run the test I sent you to verify its working.