sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Thank You, I have a camry hybrid 2008 with many warning

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Thank You, I have a camry hybrid 2008 with many warning lights on. That happened after I connect a regular 12 volts battery
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought a original battery now, but the cruise control work and stop working again and all lights on the dash are on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I was stocked. No energy, need a booster. And I force to buy a battery in a auto parts. Them I when to the dealer to change.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: After that, I went round trip to ***** from NY With no problems. But the lights still on and the cruise control no work. Thank You
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Warning lights will come on either when a module isn't communicating with the instrument cluster or a module has seen a problem somewhere in it's monitored components/system and sets a fault code. It's possible that you could have one or more fuses blown, there may be modules that are internally damaged, or there may be multiple unrelated problems in different systems. I have to wonder if polarity was reversed at some point.

Have fuses been checked?

What specific warning lights are on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wow! Thanks for answering
I forgot the fuses. Tomorrow morning I will check all of them. I'm not a mechanic, but I'm an electronic technician.
Another question. The car has already 248,216 miles. Do I need to change the hybrid oil? (Oil of the electric motor)
I think is good to take it to the dealer for a diagnostic.
The car runs like new, but all warning lights are on
Thank You again

I'm not showing any transmission fluid changes called out in the service intervals but at that high mileage it definitely wouldn't be a bad idea.