sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Only my driver door lock actuator on my 01 sequoia limited

Customer Question

only my driver door lock actuator on my 01 sequoia limited will unlock via fob or control switch. I replaced actuators and the control panel. No change. What should I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what more is there to tell?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the main control panel on the drivers door. I replaced the passenger door actuator. I have tried to find the door lock fuse or relay but that is not marked anywhere on the fuse boxes. Pulled most out and none were burned
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: It makes me very angry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem either has to be wiring, the body controller or failed actuators in the latches.

It looks like you replaced just the right front latch?

Was the latch new or used?

Did you use a test light to verify that the latch was receiving power and ground when locking and unlocking, and that the latch had actually failed?