Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 Toyota Echo and the radio clock and lighter

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota Echo and the radio clock and lighter aren't working. I have changed one of the fuses
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: To change the fuse
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Toyota Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

You have a voltmeter or symbol 12 testified in a reasonable knowledge of how to use them? Do you wiring diagram? Was any aftermarket components installed on this recently?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No after market components

Do you have a voltmeter or simple 12 V Test light with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it. I just realized the last statement I sent you didn't make much sense the voice activation software didn't put in what I wanted. Didn't catch it in time to correct it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't but my dad may have one and would be knowledgable. We found the interior fuse was blown and we did replace it but still not working.

Let me know when you're ready to proceed and I will gather some information together with some specific checks that I will need you to do with a voltmeter or test light.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok it will likely be tomorrow

I will be in and out of meetings all day tomorrow I will not have a lot of access until the evening.