Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a question on my Toyota Sequoia. We had the brake

Customer Question

Hi. My name is Millie. I have a question on my Toyota Sequoia. We had the brake pads and rotors replaced on both axels. Now we have no emergency brake, the emergency brake light is on, as well as Trac Off light and the BSC Light are both on. We did call the dealership who did the repairs and they were not able to duplicate the issue (of course the light was off at the dealership and is now back on). The dealership said that it may be that the new brakes are self adjusting. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The emergency brake does not work. The regular brakes seem fine. Emergency brake light on dash is on Trac off light and VSC Trac light are both on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

first, the e brakes should have been adjusted by them at the time of installation. the e brake is not self adjusting.

the abs system has a code. that will take the other systems off line.

the bot***** *****ne is they need to re check there work and do the job correctly.

take it back and have them fix this for you. be persistant about it.

I am sure no lights were on and the e brake was working before the repair???

Roy