Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 87 toyota pickup, I have no dash lights, no turn

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 87 toyota pickup, I have no dash lights, no turn signals, no wipers. I changed the ignition switch and this fixed nothing. Plenty of Power on the battery, 12 volts on the ignition switch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The old ignition switch would make the starter relay click or sometimes buzz. I could run a wire straight from battery to the starter and the truck cranked fine. After I replaced the switch things went from intermittent to not at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or simple 12v test light with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? Do you the wiring diagram to follow by?