Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

WE HAVE A 2003 TOYOTA COROLLA LE WHICH HAS 78.000 MILES WHAT

Customer Question

HELLO WE HAVE A 2003 TOYOTA COROLLA LE WHICH HAS 78.000 MILES WHAT WOULD IT COST TO REPLACE THE WATER PUMP AND BELTS ON THIS CAR i have one quote of $1000.00 DOLLARS THANKS vance
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WHEN CAR IS FIRST AM GETTING A LOW CLICKING SOUND FROM ENGINE THIS SEEMS TO GO AWAY but tbe mechanic thinks that this is the water pump.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no i would have it done but am unsure of what it is
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no the car itself is in good condition we change oil filter every 3 months have re placed the struts and tires 2 months ago also had the car repainted
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The Water Pump sells for around $77 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.3 hours to complete the job. The Serpentine Belt sells for around $69 and there should be no extra Labor cost to replace the belt at the same time as the Water Pump, seeing as the belt needs to be removed to replace the Water Pump and that is already included in the Water Pump Labor. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see if there were any other questions you had on this issue?