Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Replaced the 02 sensor and cleared the POO31 code. the light

Customer Question

replaced the 02 sensor and cleared the POO31 code. the light came back on 30 minutes later in stop and go traffic. 2003 Camry with 80k miles
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ive replaced the sensor twice in 2 days, hoping its not the ECM
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is there a drive cycle or distance I need to drive at 60 mph to keep the code clear.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: stock 4cyl, no other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before we begin, please advise which sensor you replaced, and where did you purchase it? Thanks