Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have problem with this 2005 toyota sequoia i got this

Customer Question

i have problem with this 2005 toyota sequoia i got this codes po418 p2445 and c1201 c1223 c1247 c1201
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

I'm afraid I have some bad news here, sorry, the Po418 and P2445 relate to the secondary air injection system pump failure and possible pump module failure, the dealers fix is of course to replace all components. The problem is water i8ntrusion into the air pumps which are designed to reduce engine emissions while it warms up, this is a known problem , at the dealer this will cost close to $4000. Shopping around may turn up a lower cost as some facilities have the ability to repair the pumps, you'll have to do some research on your own, like I said this a known problem. I know there was a service bulletin addressing this condition, you may be able to locate a copy online so you can see what's involved, the warranty was for 3 years/36,000 miles.

More bad news, the rest of the codes usually indicate a malfunction of the trac control/abs computer, I have replaced quite a few of these and it is typically the solution, this actually can be verified using a diagnostic tool that can read live abs/vsc data and following the diagnostic procedure in the repair manual for these codes but as I mentioned this is also a known issue with this model, just to be sure make sure the brake fluid is all the way to thye max line, other than that you're most likely going to end up replacing the computer, I think the part itself is around $900 or so. I wish you the best of luck with this, again, sorry for having to give you this bad news,