Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I've got a 2015 Toyota Camry LE hybrid. The last 8 on the

Customer Question

I've got a 2015 Toyota Camry LE hybrid. The last 8 on the vin are FU160296. We had a stone hit our windshield and are replacing the glass. We ordered a new windshield and when the installer pulled the old one he said there were several things attached to the glass. He said there appeared to be a front end collision alarm, which our car does not utilize because we did not want that package, A lane departure device and either a camera or rain sensor. All of which we do not use. We ordered just a plain piece of glass. Can we install that glass and if we do will we get any kind of error codes in the computer? Or do I have to order the much more expensive glass even though we don't utilize those features. The cost is significant.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern and am glad you asked. The short answer is no, you will not get any warning lights or codes stored in the computer as these are not "monitored" systems. The computer does not check them for any reason. Think of this like if you broke your drivers side outer rear view mirror. If you chose not to fix it, it also would effect the warning lights or codes being stored. Great Question!

Please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars) and know that I strive to give Excellent service.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!!

My pleasure and please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars). I strive to give Excellent Service.