Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2011 prius has been sitting month i have started it

Customer Question

my 2011 prius has been sitting for a month i have started it occasionally but not driven it yesterday when i started it it made a clanking noise before turning on the the charging system warning light has also come on it does have 194,000 miles on it but i have never had any problems before
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no i am just afraid to drive it now
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is on also?