Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Matt, have 04 totota sieena. stop light bulb on left side

Customer Question

matt,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have 04 totota sieena. stop light bulb on left side burned out. replaced buld and now no brake lights work and cannot drive the car as it will not allow me to shift to D. fuses are good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds very much like you have a burned out brake light fuse. When the fuse blows (possible when changing a bulb or putting the wrong bulb in), the brake lights do not work and the shifter will not come out of park.

Let's remove the fuse in the 7th slot down from the top, on the right hand column of fuses on the panel under the dashboard on the driver side. See if the fuse is blown.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.