Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Avalon cranked but would not start. Drained battery

Customer Question

2007 Avalon cranked but would not start. Drained battery attempting to restart. Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any test equipment Like a scan tool to check to see if there's any codes set in the engine control computer? When you turn the key to the on position does the yellow check engine light illuminate? Have you checked to see if you're getting ignition spark to the coil packs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to both
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

There are a lot of things that can cause this to not start. In order for me to give you any idea of what's going on we have to at least check for malfunction codes in the engine control computer and then check the basics like fuel pressure ignition spark at the coils and so on. Are you looking for just general ideas or do you want specifics? If you want specifics you would need to be able to at least get a generic scan tool which I can recommend a good one for less than $60. I recommend that everybody have one in their glove box it will save you hundreds of dollars in diagnostic fees. Is this something that you would be able to do? Let me know how you'd like to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for general ideas, but now am not interested or satisfied.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just some clarification here. Sometimes expectations need to be tailored. Not trying to be difficult but put yourself in my shoes. I cannot see the car hear the car or test anything on the vehicle and you have no test equipment or willingness at this point to pick up a scan tool which is the first place you have to start whenever you have a no start condition. Yet you tell me that you're no longer now interested or satisfied. We can probably get this resolved but it's gonna require some effort on your part and more information gathering on your part so that I can diagnose this. If you do not want to continue simply ask the moderators for a refund on your deposit you have not paid for anything at this point you've only made a simple depositevto your just answer account. I will opt out of this question and you can continue as you would like. If you decide that you changed your mind and would like to proceed with further testing or diagnostics let me know.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

new expert here did you still need help ?

the engine will physically crank over normal but just will not fire up ?