Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 Toyota Sequoia and reason the rear DVD video

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota Sequoia and for some reason the rear DVD video screen doesn't turn on for DVDs, even with the remote. I found some type of diagnostic system and it turned the rear TV screen on for that screen but still nothing when I try the DVD player. Any suggestions? This is a factory installed system.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you were able to turn on the screen with a diagnostic procedure but not with the DVD player itself this usually indicates the screen is o.k. and that this fault here may be an issue with the dvd player itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen the dvd player act up before in the past internally and fails to send a signal to turn on the display.I would have this tested further to be sure and may require a multi meter to do this testing.In some cases an electronic repair facility may have to test the dvd player itself to see if it is faulty internally needing replaced or repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete