rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2011 Toyota Tundra and when its parked no keys in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Toyota Tundra and when its parked no keys in the ignition the brake lights come on and stay on for hours. its getting so bad it killed my battery. and sometimes when I am driving the fuel cuts out and the engine lags. I don't have a diagnostic tool and I am not sure where to start.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This would have to be coming from the module that controls the lights. You need to confirm this by use of a scan tool that is capable of testing ALL the modules on board.

Thanks, Ron