Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My name is ***** *****. I need an engine number. If I have

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I need an engine number. If I have the vin #, can you tell me what the engine number is? I can't find it on the engine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure? I purchased a savage vehicle with a shot engine. I then purchased an engine. The engine is now in my vehicle and the vehicle is working fine. I need to get a CHP inspection and they are asking me for engine # ***** the engine that is now in the vehicle. I have bill of sale but they want to know engine number
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please advise of the model, year and engine type on your Toyota. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine is from a 2015 Lexus RX 350, with engine 3.5L V6.

The engine serial number is ***** on the side of the engine block that faces the radiator. It is rather low, and should be found real close to where the transaxle meets the engine.