Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My back door is malfunctioning on Toyota ghlander 2014 it

Customer Question

my back door is malfunctioning on Toyota highlander 2014 it beeps twice when I press the key or inside button
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the door is not doing anything, not going up or down. just beeps twice
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 9 months ago.

Did you make sure the doors are unlocked if you have somebody hit the lock button to the unlocked position on standing back by the rear hatch can you hear the lock mechanism lock and unlock? If you try and manually open it by pushing the button and pulling out on the rear hatch will it manually open? How many miles are on the vehicle?