Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I just replaced the drive belt 12010toyota corolla LE it

Customer Question

i just replaced the drive belt 12010toyota corolla LE it nake like a whitsle sounat at starting
JA: What year is your corolla?
Customer: 2010
JA: Nice car. The Toyota Mechanic can help you with your '10 corolla. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well it is asound when i start the engine like a whistle sound the thing i noticed it iis the long bolt that it's attached to the alternator bracket is kind of bent I went to toyota dealer to get anew one i do not Know i am guessing that the problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well if ido not fix iam going to get me a mechanic my car has 137000miles
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Toyota Mechanic now?
Customer: well i am saving this page on my computer tomorow i am gonna get the bolt let's see what happen
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The long bolt by the alternator is the means to tension the belt. If the bolt is bent you are not getting proper tension. This sounds like you will need to have that bolt replaced.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.