Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

I do not know were the hole on the ignition switch is can u

Customer Question

i do not know were the hole on the ignition switch is can u send a picture 1991toyota carmy 4cyl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we i take the key all the way back it wont go forword unless i put wd40 in the ignition switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: took off all the plastic around the steering wheel
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hell. no real good pics exist here are a couple links one showing factory repair, the other showing a picture of the tumbler and you can see the button on the top that is pushed through a small hole,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still don't see it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do I have to take the steering wheel off

can you take a picture or 2 of the tumbler since you have the covers off? you can send pictures to this post. I have sent the best pics I could so now I need to see what you are seeing

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok

i have to step out ofr very short bit , no more than say 1/2 , take pics of the top and sides of the tumbler

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its not letting me do u have a phone number
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IMG_20160224_125547963.jpg

ok this is a 1991? this is not matching up to any tumbler for 1991 camry. Can you send the VIn /#?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yah

unsure why nothing matching up, try the hole under it, next to a threaded screw hole in the first pic sent, it has to be in ACCY position

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jt2sv21w2m0369742

i dont know what you just sent its not a link I can open

oh you sent vin, soory, did you try the hole I mentioned?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yep I think they gave me the wrong tumbler because the new on does not match were this one is
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sending s pic of the new one

yes, you can see the button on the bottom, I think brass color, Is yours being held upside down,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This

yes but hold the tumbler like it goes in? with accy/run etc at top, is the button on the bottom or the top?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
On the bottom.

ok so did you insert a pick tool in the hole on the bottom next to a screw hole that I have mentioned ? in accy position, it shows int he first picture you sent me

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a 1/4 Allen rinch

ok, I am asking if you tried the hole on the bottom, 1/4" may be too big, did you find the hole I am speaking of?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Im going to opt out, I am not getting enough information from your end, Another expert should be along soon to help, Sorry I could not,