Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

We have a 2007 yaris with 128,000k. just found out that it

Customer Question

we have a 2007 yaris with 128,000k.
just found out that it needs struts for 1,200
not sure whether to look for a new car or fix.
not sure when or what will go next
thoughts
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

The replacement of the struts is usually recommended at intervals of every 50,000 miles. So, if you have 128 and it's just needing them now... you're actually ahead of the game! The Yaris as actually a fairly good, solid, dependable vehicle and usually fair very well without the need for extensive repair costs. It might actually be worth putting the money into it.

As for the price- The front struts sell for around $140/each. The Labor Time Guide calls for 3.3 hours to replace both front struts. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. So, even with worse-case scenario with the Labor, it appears the quote of $1200 you received is a bit on the high side. You may want to shop around and get a better price.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.