Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1991 Toyota Pickup 22re, Just replaced stock exhaust system

Customer Question

1991 Toyota Pickup 22re,
Just replaced stock exhaust system to Pacesetter long headers connecting straight into Pacesetter Cat back Performance Exhaust System with cat delete and now idles really roughly once it hits operating temperature. What can be causing this & what can I do to fix or improve it to idle correctly like before?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases there may not be enough exhaust back pressure in the exhaust system with the after market components like the cat. itself which can cause some issues on some engines.Some engines run better if there is a little back pressure and if your exhaust flow is to open this can cause this here.I would make sure what you installed for exhaust is made to fit your model and engine.I would double check that this is made for your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete