Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

We have a 2008 Prius in the shop that won't shut down or

Customer Question

My name is***** have a 2008 Prius in the shop that won't shut down or start up. It is locked in P, and shift indicator lights and fuel guage keep flashing. Changed 12v battery w/ no success.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No history of problem w/ this car/customer. Scanner shows "no communication"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Are you getting battery voltage to the access point in the fuse box under the hood? If yes, try replacing the power button in the dash. We seen a few of these cause this problem.