Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1996 Toyota Camry no ignition. engine cranks but no spark.

Customer Question

1996 Toyota Camry no ignition . engine cranks but no spark. 12v to sensor at distributor.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Christopher Trevino replied 1 year ago.

Hello , I'd like to assist you here with this issue, first can you tell me if its a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine? let me do a little research.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4cyl. l will be away fro computer for ten/twenty mins.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I'm back

No problem, can you verify there is no spark at none of the cylinder spark plugs? Generally, if you have power to your distributor from your ignition coil and no spark to any cylinders, I would check the contacts inside the distributor cap and distributor rotor, if there is no power to your distributor from your ignition coil, and you have 12volts to your ignition coil, you may have an open or short in your ignition coil. In his case , resistance testing your coil may show open or short.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Chris. It is too dark here now. I will check that out in the morning. Thank you a.d.

No worries, sounds good. Let me know how it goes, I'll check back here soon.

Hello again, I was wondering if you had a chance to follow up with the troubled issue yet? Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you . Thank you,